Shigella infection suspect cases in Kozhikode North Kerala
Shigella infection claims that the life of an 11-year old boy in Kozhikode district of North Kerala has cause panic in the public.
State authorities on Saturday put North Kerala on high alert after 20 suspect cases of infection report.
The infection is said to spread by water & food.
The 20 people who admit to the hospital show symptoms of mild diarrhea & fever.
Health officials said the infection could kept at bay by maintaining good hygiene.
However, those who experience such symptoms are advise to undergo all tests.
1. Infection, known as Shigellosis, which is cause by bacteria called Shigella.
2. Symptoms include diarrhea, fever, stomach cramps that can last up to 7 days.
Treatment is usually done through antibiotics, which can shorten the duration of the disease.
3. Shigella infection can spread from one person to another by various means – even after the infect person has diarrhea.
Sexual contact with infect people can also cause illness.
4. A small number of bacteria make a person sick.
5. Spread through contaminate food, water
6. The presence of bacteria is usually confirm through a stool test.
7. In Covid-19 Coronavirus, infection can prevent by practicing appropriate wayward methods.
Handwashing can prevent the spread of the virus.
8. Bacteria can spread through surfaces such as touching an infect surface,
and then touching the mouth, but also by eating food prepare by someone carrying the infection.
9. People of all ages can become infect, however children are more prone to infection.
People who traveling are also unsafe to infection as they may come in contact with pollute water
during the journey. Sexual contact with infected people can also cause illness.